We had such a great call today that I decided I would write a blog post about it, just like I invite all our conference attendees to do at the end of a great call. Go blog about it!
Today, Kathy Stover of Internet Citadel joined us to talk about using Social Networks to brand you and build your business. I’m always excited when I can hear new information and learn new ideas.
Kathy talked about some of the critical points of building your brand online.
1. When you are setting up your profile a social media network, it’s important that you add your Personal picture to brand you.
2. It is a good idea to setup a personal account as well as one for your business. Is it necessary? No … it’s simply a good idea. It’s another way to brand you or your business.
3. There are three major networks that you need to be an active part of. They are Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
4. Kathy talked about the trends on Twitter and stressed the importance of posting quality information on Twitter not spamming your list with link after link after link. Like Facebook and LinkedIn, this is your opportunity to let people get to know like and trust you.
5. An area that I’ve used very little in the past is setting up Groups or Fan Pages on Facebook and Kathy talked about the differences between Groups and Fan Pages. One of the benefits of setting up a group is that you can invite all your friends to join your group and then you have the ability to send a ‘bulk’ mail to those members. This can be very effective in reaching your right target market with the right information.
6. Kathy went on to talk about the importance of LinkedIn and how to connect with the right people by setting up and using niche groups within LinkedIn. Kathy called LinkedIn a virtual goldmine and she gave us a few tips on how to connect with people on LinkedIn by asking and answering questions. Making connections with individuals leads to your business.
7. Video marketing is, as we stress here regularly, critical to your growing success. Can you grow without Video … sure .. and you will grow faster, get ranked sooner and attract the right people to your niche when you add Video to your website. Kathy reminded us to keep our videos to 2 Minutes or less for more effective listening. She also stressed the importance of keywords especially on YouTube or Easy Video Producer
The entire class was a great reminder that Social Networks is just that … a place to “Socialize” and meet new people, build new relationships and make new connections.
Social Networks are a place for you to share your thoughts, ideas and attract like minded people who will naturally want to do business with you.
Remember that Social networks are a big resource of people, people who may be interested in what you do, be it socially or in business.
Make some friends, get to know people, ask questions, offer solutions.
Social Media Networks can offer you a boost to your personal and business life!
Thank you again to Kathy Stover for sharing her tips and strategies for using Social Media Networks.
For all the tools and resources you need to build your brand and market you and your business online, consider GVO.
It will save you money and make you more money!
Click the banner below to join GVO and test out all the tools for 14 days for $1!