A New Way to Look at New Years Resolutions
Enjoy this recorded call on ‘Creating Success in 2012 Starting RIGHT NOW’
Setting Realistic Achievable Goals
It’s that time of year again when we find ourselves thinking about the New Year approaching and the Resolutions we will make for ourselves, be a a new body, new house, new car, new job.
But why do we wait until New Years to set goals? The truth is, most of us fail miserably at sticking to any resolutions we create for the New Year. How many gym membership are sold in January to people committed to finally getting in shape? And how many of those same memberships are ‘vacant’ in 30 days.
What if there was a way to change this? What if there was a way to set resolutions you CAN achieve, goals you CAN realize? Actually realize a goal .. what a concept?
Step One: Learn and use the Resolution Success System
- Concentrate on the System not the Goal
- Commit yourself to learning and applying the system
- Use the positive affirmations
Step Two: Pick One and get it done
- Choose something you really want to achieve
- List your top three “resolutions”
- Pick the one you want MOST
- Commit to achieving the goal
Step Three: Divide and Conquer
- Size DOES matter
- “The Only Way to Eat an Elephant is ___ ____ __ _ ____”
- What can you realistically achieve in 30 days … One month
- Commit to small goals and continually achieve them
Step Four: The Rule of 20
- Fundamental part – ACTION
- 20 different actions you can take RIGHT NOW to achieve your 30 day goal
- Brainstorming helps
- DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP
- Say each step out loud
Step Five: Be Proud and Be Clear!
- Don’t doubt yourself
- Don’t hide your goals
- tart living your dreams!
- You CAN achieve your goals …
Step Six: See it to Achieve it
- You must see your goal clearly
- Practice visualization – see yourself achieving your goal
- Write down your visualization
- Train your mind to see what you want!
- Become what you think …
Step Seven: Act as if …
- Act as if you have already achieved your goal
- “all the world’s a stage …”
- Telling the truth in advance
- Programming yourself toward success
Step Eight: The Law of Effort
- Make it happen
- Visit your goal every day
- Visualize and state it out loud
- Pick activities from your list of 20 and DO THEM
Step Nine: The Law of Consistency
- Do not procrastinate
- Start now
- Commit to be consistent for 30 days
Step Ten: Lather – Rinse – Repeat
- Repeat what works
- Update your goal every thirty days
- Expand to every goal you want
- Your intention must be to BE successful
You CAN set and achieve real goals using the Resolution Success System. Commit to 30 days … as Coach Steele says “… after all, what’s 30 days?”.
Remember to post your comments, we’d love to hear how your resolutions are working.